Introduction of JKCET
JKCET( Jammu and Kashmir Combined Entrance Exam ) is conducted by the Board of Professional Entrance examinations (BPEE) every year for the purpose of admission in various engineering, medical, agriculture and dental colleges in the Jammu& Kashmir . The admissions are based according to the rank in the CET. Both the Government aided and private institutions in J&K will accept the merit ranking of CET for admission into various programs.
The government of Jammu and Kashmir, therefore, in the year 1987 constituted a full -time J&K CET examining body, Competent Authority engineering & medical entrance examinations in Jammu & Kashmir. Every year the number of students who were appearing in J&K CET entrance examinations increased and, as a consequence, the work of organizing entrance examinations also increased.
Eligibility criteria for the Jammu & Kashmir combined entrance test (JKCET):
Candidate must fulfil the following criteria for appear in the JKCET
- Must be permanent residents of J&K State as per govt. rule
- Must be Passed Sen. Sec. (12th / 10+2) or an equivalent examination from a recognised statutory Board or University.
- Have obtained 50 % marks in aggregate in 10+2 examination in case of general category and 40% in aggregate in case of reserved categories candidates.
- Have passed 10+2 examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Math as their elective subjects in case of admission to Bachelor of Engineering Courses.
Age Limit: The age of candidate must have 17 years before 31 December of the year of examination.
Exam Pattern for (JKCET) – 2012
- The JKCET question paper consists of multiple choice type questions.
- Question will be based on the subjects of Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry.
- The Jammu & Kashmir CET (J&K CET Examination) will be of three papers Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of 75 marks and 90 minutes each.
- Questions in the entrance test are only in English.
- No Negative marking procedure in J&K BPEE CET engineering & medical entrance examination.
Application form for Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) – 2012
The application form with the Information Brochure is available at all District Headquarters in the specified Branches of the Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd.
Exam dates: the exam date for the Medical, Engineering, Agricultural and other allied Courses will be held on 23rd & 24th of June, 2012.
Syllabus for Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) – 2012
Algebra, two dimensional geometry, trigonometry, determinants and matrices, vectors, three dimensional geometry, probability, elementary statistics and dynamics are the topics included in the syllabus.
Units and dimensions and their applications, Elastic properties, Kinetic theory of gases, Center of mass of two particle system, Periodic motion, Coulomb’s law, Electric current, Biot-Savart’s law, Induced EMF, Electromagnetic oscillation, Photoelectric effect, Energy bands in solids, etc.
Chemical Bonding and Molecular structure, Periodic Properties, Surface chemistry, States if Matter, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, Energetic and Chemical Thermodynamics, Solutions, Chemical Kinetics, Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical Arithmetic, Atomic structure and Nuclear Chemistry.
Physiology of plants, reproduction, development and growth of plants, morphology of plants and genetics, diversity of life and plant classification, ecology environment and biology in human welfare, taxonomy, morphology, anatomy and physiology, cell biology and genetics, origin of life and evolution.
Jammu (From November to April)
Controller of Examinations J&KCET,
Board of Professional Examinations,
4th Floor, South Block,
Bahu Plaza,Gandhi Nagar, Jammu.
Phone:-0191 -2475606, 2473637
Srinagar (From May to October) Board of Professional Examination,
9-A, Poloview Srinagar.
Phone:- 0194 – 2476647, 2450074
JKCET Website: www.jakbopee.org
Download sample papers of Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) previous years: